Beer Batter Hot Dogs
|4 hot dogs, in natural casing|
|1 cup flour|
|1 (12 oz) beer|
|kosher salt to taste|
|4 hot dog buns|
|2 pickled jalapenos, cut into thin slices|
|4 strips of bacon, fried, slightly crispy|
|1 cup shredded cheese of your choice|
|Oil for deep frying|
- Add 3/4 cup of the flour and beer along with a little kosher salt to a large bowl.
- Mix well until a loose batter forms. Allow to rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile fry the bacon till slightly crispy and drain on paper towels.
- Add oil to a large saucepan or deep fryer until 1/2 full and heat to 360 degrees.
- Once oil is hot dip the hot dogs in the remaining 1/4 cup of flour and then into the batter.
- Add the hot dogs to the deep fryer and fry until they are golden and crispy, turning to fry evenly. Drain on paper towels
- Heat the hot buns, then add the hot dogs.
- Top the hot dogs with some pickled jalapenos, bacon and shredded cheese of your choice.
- If desired you may add any condiment of choice.