Cheese and Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts
|3 whole, skin on chicken breasts|
|3/4 lb fresh spinach, stems removed, and torn into small pieces|
|1 and 1/2 cups of Gruyere or Swiss cheese|
|1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs|
|1/2 cup carrots, shredded|
|1/2 cup sliced scallions|
|2 tbs fresh thyme|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1 egg, well beaten|
|1/4 cup fresh parsley, plus 2 tbs, chopped|
|4 tbs unsalted butter, melted|
|2 tbs lemon juice|
- Combine the spinach, cheese, bread crumbs, carrots, scallions, thyme, salt, pepper, egg and 1/4 cup parsley in a bowl, and combine well.
- Stuff spinach mixture between the breast meat and the skin.
- Place the chicken, skin side up, in a shallow baking dish.
- Combine butter, lemon juice and 2 tbs of the parsley, then drizzle over the chicken.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for about 45 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Baste frequently with the pan drippings.