Cherry Orange Sangria
- 1 bottle (750 ml) dry white wine
- 1 and 1/2 cups fresh orange juice (about 8 oranges)
- 1 cup brandy
- 1/2 cup orange curacao
- simple sugar to taste
- 1 lb fresh cherries, pitted
- 2 cups red seedless grapes
- 2 plums, sliced into wedges
- 2 oranges sliced into wedges
- 1 lime sliced in wedges
- To a large pitcher add white wine, orange juice, brandy, orange curacao and simple syrup. Stir well.
- Add cherries, grapes and plums.
- Chill overnight.
- Stir sangria and just before serving add oranges and limes.
- Fill six glasses 1/2 full of ice and use a slotted spoon to add fruit from the pitcher to each glass.
- Pour liquid over ice and fruit and serve.
- For the simple syrup add 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup sugar to a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and simmer until sugar is dissolved Cool completely before using.
Recipe courtesy of noblepig.com