Cherry Orange Sangria
|1 bottle (750 ml) dry white wine|
|1 and 1/2 cups fresh orange juice (about 8 oranges)|
|1 cup brandy|
|1/2 cup orange curacao|
|simple sugar to taste|
|1 lb fresh cherries, pitted|
|2 cups red seedless grapes|
|2 plums, sliced into wedges|
|2 oranges sliced into wedges|
|1 lime sliced in wedges|
- To a large pitcher add white wine, orange juice, brandy, orange curacao and simple syrup. Stir well.
- Add cherries, grapes and plums.
- Chill overnight.
- Stir sangria and just before serving add oranges and limes.
- Fill six glasses 1/2 full of ice and use a slotted spoon to add fruit from the pitcher to each glass.
- Pour liquid over ice and fruit and serve.
- For the simple syrup add 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup sugar to a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and simmer until sugar is dissolved Cool completely before using.
Recipe courtesy of noblepig.com