Chicken Breasts in Sherried Tomato Cream
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- kosher salt and white pepper to taste
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 and 1/2 tbs unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tbs fresh basil, chopped
- 1/3 cup dry sherry
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 medium ripe tomato, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Sprinkle chicken breasts on both sides with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Saute the chicken in butter over medium high heat, until lightly browned.
- Add onions while browning the second side.
- Add the parsley, basil and sherry to the pan and as the mixture comes to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Transfer chicken to a serving dish, cover loosely to keep warm.
- Stir mustard int the liquid remaining in the pan, then add the tomato and the cream and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat slightly and cook until liquid is slightly thickened.
- Spoon sauce over chicken and serve.