Chicken Breasts in Sherried Tomato Cream
|2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts|
|kosher salt and white pepper to taste|
|1 tsp nutmeg|
|1 and 1/2 tbs unsalted butter|
|1/4 cup onion, minced|
|1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped|
|1 tbs fresh basil, chopped|
|1/3 cup dry sherry|
|1 tsp Dijon mustard|
|1 medium ripe tomato, peeled, seeded and chopped|
|1/2 cup heavy cream|
- Sprinkle chicken breasts on both sides with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Saute the chicken in butter over medium high heat, until lightly browned.
- Add onions while browning the second side.
- Add the parsley, basil and sherry to the pan and as the mixture comes to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Transfer chicken to a serving dish, cover loosely to keep warm.
- Stir mustard int the liquid remaining in the pan, then add the tomato and the cream and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat slightly and cook until liquid is slightly thickened.
- Spoon sauce over chicken and serve.