Chocolate Rum Mousse
- 6 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup strong coffee
- 2 tbs rum
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup heavy cream
- grated chocolate for garnish
- Melt chocolate chips with coffee in the top of a double boiler.
- Remove from the heat and stir in rum.
- Pour chocolate mixture into a blender of food processor and add eggs, one at a time. Blend well.
- In a separate bowl, whip cream until if forms soft peaks.
- Remove about 2 tbs of the whipped cream and keep chilled.
- Fold chocolate mixture into whipped cream.
- Spoon into dessert cups and chill for at least 4 hours.
- When ready to serve, top with reserved whipped cream and garnish with grated chocolate.