- 4 oz semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 oz unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup milk
- 6 eggs separated
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp strong coffee
- powdered sugar for garnish
- Butter and 1 and 1/2 quart souffle’ dish and coat with granulated sugar. Chill.
- Cut chocolate into small pieces and melt slowly over low heat.
- Add milk and stir just to boiling point.
- Add egg yolks and sugar and stir well.
- Cook over low heat until thickened. Add coffee and let cool just to lukewarm.
- Beat egg whites until stiff, then fold into the chocolate mixture.
- Turn into souffle dish and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve immediately.