- 1/2 lb Fettuccine
- 1/2 lb fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1/2" pieces
- 2 tbs butter, melted
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbs chives
- 1 tsp grated lemon rind
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 slice of lemon quartered
- Cook fettuccine al dente and drain.
- Cook asparagus in boiling water until just tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Drain and add to pasta.
- Toss the fettuccine and asparagus with melted butter and set aside.
- Whisk egg yolks in a small bowl, then add cream and Parmesan cheese.
- Add cream mixture to pasta, toss and heat through over low heat until Parmesan cheese is melted.
- Stir in chives, lemon rind, salt and pepper.
- Divide pasta among plates and garnish with lemon quarters and additional chives.