Creamy Lemon Chive Fettucine with Asparagus
|1/2 lb Fettuccine|
|1/2 lb fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1/2" pieces|
|2 tbs butter, melted|
|2 egg yolks|
|1 cup heavy cream|
|1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese|
|1 tbs chives|
|1 tsp grated lemon rind|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1 slice of lemon quartered|
- Cook fettuccine al dente and drain.
- Cook asparagus in boiling water until just tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Drain and add to pasta.
- Toss the fettuccine and asparagus with melted butter and set aside.
- Whisk egg yolks in a small bowl, then add cream and Parmesan cheese.
- Add cream mixture to pasta, toss and heat through over low heat until Parmesan cheese is melted.
- Stir in chives, lemon rind, salt and pepper.
- Divide pasta among plates and garnish with lemon quarters and additional chives.