Crispy Szechuan Duck
|1 (3-4 lb) duck|
|1/2 cup white wine|
|kosher salt and white pepper to taste|
|1 tbs crushed red pepper flakes|
|4 cloves garlic, minced|
|5 scallions cut into 3 inch lengths|
|1 tbs fresh ginger, crushed|
- Rub duck inside and out with wine and sprinkle with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Stuff the cavity with half the scallions, garlic and ginger and place remaining over the top.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Steam duck until tender, about 1-2 hours. Remove the ginger, scallions and garlic.
- Cut the duck into serving pieces and deep fry in oil until skin is brown and crispy.