Crispy Szechuan Duck
- 1 (3-4 lb) duck
- 1/2 cup white wine
- kosher salt and white pepper to taste
- 1 tbs crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 scallions cut into 3 inch lengths
- 1 tbs fresh ginger, crushed
- Peanut oil
- Rub duck inside and out with wine and sprinkle with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Stuff the cavity with half the scallions, garlic and ginger and place remaining over the top.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Steam duck until tender, about 1-2 hours. Remove the ginger, scallions and garlic.
- Cut the duck into serving pieces and deep fry in oil until skin is brown and crispy.