Curried Chicken Salad with Walnuts and Golden Raisins
|6 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts, poached|
|3/4 cup golden raisins|
|1/2 cup walnuts, chopped|
|2 cups mayonnaise|
|4 tbs curry powder|
|1 tbs fresh lemon juice|
|1/2 cup celery, diced|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
- Poach the chicken breasts in boiling water until cooked through.
- Allow to cool slightly, then cut into bite sized pieces.
- Add the mayonnaise to a large bowl along with the curry powder and lemon juice.
- Add the chicken pieces along with the walnuts, celery and raisins.
- Taste for seasoning, then season with salt and pepper and combine well.
- Cover and chill for several hours before serving.
- Serve in sandwiches, lettuce cups of garnished with fresh watercress.