Glazed Leg of Lamb
- 1 (8 lb) leg of lamb
- 3 cloves garlic, slivered
- 1 tbs fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tbs sage leaves, crushed
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup dry sherry
- 1/2 cup currant jelly
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tsp crushed marjoram
- Make several slits in the leg of lamb and insert garlic clove slivers.
- Combine rosemary, sage, salt and pepper and rub generously into meat.
- Combine sherry, jelly, ketchup and marjoram in a small saucepan, and stir over low heat until heated through. Set aside.
- Place Lamb on rack in a roasting pan and bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for 20-25 minutes per pound.
- During the last 1 and 1/2 hours of cooking, baste the lamb frequently with the sherry mixture.
- Allow lamb to rest for about 15 minutes before slicing.
- Reheat any remaining sauce and serve with the lamb.