Glazed Leg of Lamb
|1 (8 lb) leg of lamb|
|3 cloves garlic, slivered|
|1 tbs fresh rosemary, chopped|
|1 tbs sage leaves, crushed|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|3/4 cup dry sherry|
|1/2 cup currant jelly|
|1/2 cup ketchup|
|1 tsp crushed marjoram|
- Make several slits in the leg of lamb and insert garlic clove slivers.
- Combine rosemary, sage, salt and pepper and rub generously into meat.
- Combine sherry, jelly, ketchup and marjoram in a small saucepan, and stir over low heat until heated through. Set aside.
- Place Lamb on rack in a roasting pan and bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for 20-25 minutes per pound.
- During the last 1 and 1/2 hours of cooking, baste the lamb frequently with the sherry mixture.
- Allow lamb to rest for about 15 minutes before slicing.
- Reheat any remaining sauce and serve with the lamb.