- 5 lbs chopped ripe plum tomatoes
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Add tomatoes to a pot and using medium- high heat cook until they reduce and release their juices. About 10 minutes.
- Strain the tomatoes, removing any skin and seeds.
- Return juice and pulp to the pot along with the olive oil and salt.
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat until mixture reduces into a thick paste.
- Let cool then transfer to a jar with a lid, then top with a thin film of olive oil.
- Cover and refrigerate. Will keep for up to 3 months.