|2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 2 inch chunks|
|2 lbs boneless, skinless, chicken breasts, cut into 2 inch chunks|
|2 cups frozen corn, thawed|
|2 cups frozen baby Lima beans|
|1 cup carrots, cut into rings|
|1 medium onion, minced|
|3 cloves garlic, minced|
|3-4 sprigs fresh thyme|
|2 tbs butter|
|2 tbs flour|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|2 cups water|
|2 cups chicken broth|
- Add some vegetable oil to a large hot sauce pan or stock pot and add the chicken pieces and brown on all sides.
- Remove the chicken pieces and set aside.
- Meanwhile add the butter and flour and oil to the pan and whisk to combine. Continue to cook until the mixture resembles the color of peanut butter.
- Add the onions and garlic and cook for another several minutes.
- Return the chicken pieces along with 2 cups of water and 2 cups of chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Add the carrots, corn and Lima beans and simmer for another 30 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper and thyme leaves.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary.