Linguine with Lobster
|4 (1 lb) lobsters|
|1 lb linguine pasta|
|4 garlic cloves, minced|
|2 cups extra virgin olive oil|
|2 cans Italian plum tomatoes|
|4 fresh basil leaves|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|2 pinches of crushed red pepper|
- Lightly saute 1 clove minced garlic in 1 cup of oil.
- Add tomatoes, basil and 1 tsp kosher salt and bring to a boil.
- Cook over medium heat for 30 minutes, then crush tomatoes with a whisk or potato masher.
- While tomato sauce is cooking, prepare the lobsters.
- Using a sharp, heavy knife, remove the lobster claws, discard the legs and split the body in half placing the knife tip between the head and body and splitting all the way to the tail.
- Remove the lobster meat from the claws and body and chop into 2 inch pieces.
- Heat the remaining 1 cup of oil in a large frying pan and add the remaining 3 cloves of minced garlic and red pepper.
- Using medium heat add the lobster meat and cook for about 5-6 minutes or until cooked through.
- Add the tomato sauce to the pan and bring to a boil and cook for another 10-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook pasta al dente, according to package directions.
- Toss pasta with the lobster sauce and serve.