Mediterranean Style Veal
|4 veal cutlets, about 1/4 inch thick|
|1 cup flour|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|2 tbs butter|
|1/4 cup olive oil|
|1 1/2 cups Marsala wine|
|1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms|
|4 large slices tomato|
|4 slices mozzarella cheese|
- Pound veal until about 1/4 inch thick.
- Combine flour with salt and pepper.
- Dredge veal in flour, shaking off any excess
- Melt butter with oil in a large skillet.
- Saute veal quickly on high heat until browned, about 2-3 minutes per side, then place in a warm oven.
- Add wine and mushrooms to pan and bring to a boil.
- Scrape the bottom of pan to loosen any bits.
- Reduce the mixture by half, cooking about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Reduce heat and add veal.
- Place 1 slice tomato, then 1 slice of cheese on each veal scallop.
- Simmer gently until cheese just begins to melt.
- Serve at once with sauce spooned over veal.