Orange Cashew Chicken Salad
- 1/2 cup cilantro or fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup safflower oil
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 and 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 egg
- 1 tbs sugar
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- dash Tabasco
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, poached
- 1 head romaine lettuce, torn
- 3 stalks celery, julienne
- 1 red pepper, julienne
- 3 scallions, sliced on a bias, white and green parts
- 1/2 cup cashews
- orange slices, optional
- Blend cilantro, oil, orange juice, vinegar, mustard, egg, sugar, salt, and Tabasco in a food processor until well combined.
- Cut the poached chicken into 1/4 inch slices and toss with the dressing.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Prepare vegetables, cover and refrigerate.
- When ready to serve, toss the chicken with the vegetables and cashews, and garnish with orange slices if desired.
- Taste for seasoning and re season with salt and pepper if desired.