Peanut Butter Pie
- 1 cup cold mill
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 cups milk
- 3 tsp unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 (9 inch) pie crust
- 2 cups whipped cream
- Mix the cornstarch, salt, 1 cup milk, egg yolks with a wire whisk until mixture is smooth. Set aside.
- Heat 3 cups milk, butter and sugar until scalding, stirring constantly.
- Add cornstarch mixture to the hot milk while stirring and cook until thickened.
- Remove from heat before boiling.
- Place mixture in the refrigerator to cool.
- To make the crumb mixture, mix the powdered sugar and peanut butter until small crumbs form.
- Place 1//2 of the crumbs into the pie shell, then spoon some of the chilled filling on top of the crumbs.
- Place the remaining crumbs on top of the pudding and reserve a little of the crumbs to sprinkle on top.
- Top the pie with whipped cream.