Raspberry Bread Pudding
|3 pints fresh raspberries|
|1/3 cup sugar|
|2 tbs framboise liquor|
|2 lbs brioche, crusts removed|
|2 cups Anglaise sauce, recipe to follow|
|2 peaches, skinned and sliced, for garnish|
|fresh mint for garnish|
- 1 and 1/2 cups half and half
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- 5 egg yolks
- 3 tbs sugar
- For the Anglaise sauce, bring half and half and vanilla bean to a boil and be careful not to scorch. Remove the vanilla bean.</span>
- Whisk egg yolks and sugar together until light and lemon colored.
- Pour half and half mixture over yolk mixture while whisking constantly.
- Return mixture to heat and cook until slightly thickened, stirring constantly
- Pour sauce through a strainer into a chilled bowl, then refrigerate.
- For the bread pudding, marinate the raspberries with sugar for 2 hours.
- Puree raspberries, then strain and reserve juice.
- Combine the strained raspberries with the framboise.
- Cut the brioche into 1/2 inch slices.
- Soak the slices briefly in the raspberry juice mixture.
- Line the bottom and sides of a 10 cup deep casserole with the soaked brioche.
- Layer Anglaise sauce. pureed raspberries and brioche slices 3 times to fill the mold, ending with brioche.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Un-mold onto a serving plate, then pour the remaining sauce and pureed raspberries over the top to form a design.
- Garnish with remaining ping of raspberries, sliced peaches and mint.