Cream of Crab Soup with Sherry
|1 lb lump crab meat|
|1/2 stick unsalted butter|
|1 cup onion, minced|
|1/3 cup flour|
|4 cups half and half|
|1 tbs Old Bay seasoning|
|2 tsp fresh parsley, chopped, plus extra for garnish|
|3 tbs dry sherry|
- Melt butter in a large sauce pan, then add the onions and saute until the onions are clear, but not browned.
- Add flour, Old Bay, parsley and continue to cook while stirring for 2-3 minutes.
- Slowly whisk in the half and half and bring almost to a boil then reduce the heat to a simmer and continue to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the crab meat and sherry and stir in being careful not to break up the lumps.
- Simmer for another 5 minutes, taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary.
- Add soup to soup to soup bowls and garnish with extra parsley.