Cream of Crab Soup with Sherry
- 1 lb lump crab meat
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup onion, minced
- 1/3 cup flour
- 4 cups half and half
- 1 tbs Old Bay seasoning
- 2 tsp fresh parsley, chopped, plus extra for garnish
- 3 tbs dry sherry
- Melt butter in a large sauce pan, then add the onions and saute until the onions are clear, but not browned.
- Add flour, Old Bay, parsley and continue to cook while stirring for 2-3 minutes.
- Slowly whisk in the half and half and bring almost to a boil then reduce the heat to a simmer and continue to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the crab meat and sherry and stir in being careful not to break up the lumps.
- Simmer for another 5 minutes, taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary.
- Add soup to soup to soup bowls and garnish with extra parsley.