TGI Friday’s Jack Daniels Glaze
- 1 head garlic
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 1 and 1/3 cups dark brown sugar
- 3 tbs lemon juice
- 3 tbs onion, minced
- 1 tbs Jack Daniels whiskey
- 1 tbs crushed pineapple
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
This is a multi purpose glaze that works well with most meats and seafood.
- Cut about 1/2 inch off top of garlic, then cut the roots so that the garlic will sit flat.
- Remove the papery skin from the garlic, but leave enough so that the cloves stay together.
- Put garlic into a small casserole dish or baking pan, drizzle olive oil over it, and cover with a lid or foil.
- Bake in a preheated 325 oven for 1 hour. Remove and let cool.
- Combine water, pineapple juice, teriyaki sauce, soy sauce and brown sugar in a medium saucepan over medium high heat.
- Stir occasionally until mixture boils then reduce heat until mixture is just simmering.
- Squeeze the sides of the head of garlic until the roasted garlic is squeezed out. Discard remaining skin and whisk garlic into sauce.
- Add remaining ingredients to the pan and stir.
- Let the mixture simmer for 40-50 minutes or until sauce has reduced by about 1/2 and is thick and syrupy.