TGI Friday’s Jack Daniels Glaze
|1 head garlic|
|1 tbs olive oil|
|2/3 cup water|
|1 cup pineapple juice|
|1/4 cup teriyaki sauce|
|1 tbs soy sauce|
|1 and 1/3 cups dark brown sugar|
|3 tbs lemon juice|
|3 tbs onion, minced|
|1 tbs Jack Daniels whiskey|
|1 tbs crushed pineapple|
|1/4 tsp cayenne pepper|
This is a multi purpose glaze that works well with most meats and seafood.
- Cut about 1/2 inch off top of garlic, then cut the roots so that the garlic will sit flat.
- Remove the papery skin from the garlic, but leave enough so that the cloves stay together.
- Put garlic into a small casserole dish or baking pan, drizzle olive oil over it, and cover with a lid or foil.
- Bake in a preheated 325 oven for 1 hour. Remove and let cool.
- Combine water, pineapple juice, teriyaki sauce, soy sauce and brown sugar in a medium saucepan over medium high heat.
- Stir occasionally until mixture boils then reduce heat until mixture is just simmering.
- Squeeze the sides of the head of garlic until the roasted garlic is squeezed out. Discard remaining skin and whisk garlic into sauce.
- Add remaining ingredients to the pan and stir.
- Let the mixture simmer for 40-50 minutes or until sauce has reduced by about 1/2 and is thick and syrupy.