Amish Pot Roast
- 2 lb beef roast (round or sirloin)
- 1 lb carrots, peeled and cut into thirds
- 1 large onion, peeled and quartered
- 8 potatoes peeled and quartered
- 2 tbs Dijon mustard
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp marjoram
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 6 whole garlic cloves
- 1 cup water
This is a slow cooked pot roast that is moist and tender.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a sharp knife, make slits evenly on the roast and insert the cloves of garlic.
- In a roasting pan or dutch combine the onions, potatoes and carrots.
- In a small bowl, combine the mustard, Worcestershire, marjoram and all spice to make a paste.
- Rib the paste all over the roast and place the roast on top of the vegetables.
- Sprinkle the roast with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the water in the bottom of the pan, cover and cook at 350 for 1 hour.
- Reduce heat to 200 and cook for another 3-4 hours.
- Let rest for 15 minutes before slicing.