Asian Zucchini Stuffed with Pork and Shrimp
|4 large zucchini|
|1/4 lb ground pork|
|1/4 lb shrimp, finely chopped|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|2 tbs fresh cilantro, chopped|
|1/2 tsp sugar|
|2 Kaffir lime leaves, finely chopped or 1 tsp grated lime zest|
|2 shallots, minced|
|3 tbs coconut cream|
|2 tsp fish sauce|
|1 tbs roasted unsalted peanuts, minced|
- Cut the zucchini into 1 and 1/2 inch slices.
- Scoop out the center with a melon baller, leaving 1/4 inch of flesh around the inside of the skin as well as n the bottom of each slice.
- In a small ball, combine the pork, chopped shrimp, garlic, cilantro, sugar, kaffir lime or zest, shallots. 2 tbs of coconut cream and the fish sauce.
- Spoon the mixture into the zucchini shells, cover and refrigerate.
- Place a bamboo or other steamer over boiling water water and add the stuffed zucchini and steam for about 10 minutes or until the filling is cooked and the zucchini is tender.
- Serve dotted with a little coconut cream and sprinkled with chopped peanuts.