Butter Poached Chicken Breasts
|2 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts, halved, room temperature|
|1 stick melted butter|
|1 tsp smoked paprika|
|1 clove garlic, minced|
|1 tbs onion, minced|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|fresh lemon juice|
- If using oven, preheat to 425 degrees.
- To ensure even cooking, gently pound chicken between 2 pieces of plastic wrap until they are of equal thickness.
- Dry thoroughly with paper towels.
- Slowly melt the butter and add the paprika, garlic, onion salt and pepper.
- Simmer on very low heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Dip the chicken breasts into the spiced butter, then sprinkle with lemon juice. This will keep the chicken breasts white.
- Transfer chicken to a non stick skillet large enough to accommodate them in a single layer.
- Place buttered wax paper or parchment over the chicken and cover tightly with a lid or foil.
- Bake or cook over medium high heat or until the chicken has cooked through. About 8-10 minutes.