Cheese Stuffed New Potatoes
|20 small new potatoes|
|1/2 lb ricotta cheese|
|1 cup cheddar cheese, grated|
|3/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated|
|oil for spraying or brushing|
|1/4 cup fresh chives for garnish|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Boil or steam the potatoes for 10 minutes, or just until tender. Do not over cook as potatoes will fall apart.
- Drain well and cool completely.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl combine the ricotta, cheddar and Parmesan. Season to taste and set aside.
- Cut the cooled potatoes in half and scoop our the flesh, leaving a 1/4 inch border. Discard the flesh or reserve for another use.
- Lightly spray the potato cups with oil and bake on baking trays for 30-45 minutes or until crisp and golden.
- Heat a stove top grill to high.
- Fill each potato shell with a teaspoon of the cheese and grill for 5-8 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Arrange on a serving dish and garnish with chopped chives.
- Note: you may want to cut and 1/8 inch slice from the bottom of the potatoes, which will enable them to stand evenly.