|1 and 1/2 lbs pork tender loin, cut into 1 inch cubes|
|3 cloves garlic, crushed|
|1/2 cup chopped onion|
|4 chipolte peppers in adobo sauce, chopped|
|1/2 cup tomato puree|
|1 tsp cumin|
|1 red bell pepper cut into strips|
|1 tsp dry oregano|
|1 tsp cinnamon|
|2 tsp brown sugar|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste.|
- Add a little vegetable oil to a large skillet and using medium-high heat add the garlic and onions.
- Saute, stirring frequently for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the pork cubes and stir, browning pork on all sides.
- Add the chipolte peppers, red bell pepper, tomato puree, cumin, oregano, cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Stir well to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper, then simmer for 15 minutes until pork is cooked through.
- Serve with rice.