Chocolate Bread Pudding
|2 (1 oz) squares semisweet chocolate|
|1/2 cup half and half|
|2/3 cup sugar|
|1/2 cup milk|
|1 tsp pure vanilla extract|
|1/2 tsp kosher salt|
|4 slices day old bread, crusts removed, cut into cubes (3 cups)|
- In a saucepan, melt the chocolate over low heat.
- Remove from the heat and stir in cream until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat egg.
- Add sugar and milk, vanilla and salt, then mix well.
- Stir in the chocolate mixture, then add the bread cubes and toss to coat.
- Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Spoon mixture into two greased 2 cup souffle dishes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
- Serve with whipped cream.