Creamy Edamame Arugula Soup
- 1 tsp soybean oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cups frozen, shelled endamame
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable oil
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1 cup baby arugula leaves, packed
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Plain Greek style yogurt
- Heat soybean oil in a large sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add the onions and cook for 3-4 minutes or until soft.
- Add the endamame and broth and simmer for 5-6 minutes, until just tender.
- Place the mixture in a food processor, then add the soy milk and arugula.
- Process until smooth, then return the mixture to the sauce pan.
- Heat over medium heat, stirring until soup begins to simmer.
- Season with salt and pepper, then spoon into bowls and top with a dollop of Greek yogurt.