Creamy Edamame Arugula Soup
|1 tsp soybean oil|
|1 small onion, diced|
|3 cups frozen, shelled endamame|
|2 cups chicken or vegetable oil|
|1 cup soy milk|
|1 cup baby arugula leaves, packed|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|Plain Greek style yogurt|
- Heat soybean oil in a large sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add the onions and cook for 3-4 minutes or until soft.
- Add the endamame and broth and simmer for 5-6 minutes, until just tender.
- Place the mixture in a food processor, then add the soy milk and arugula.
- Process until smooth, then return the mixture to the sauce pan.
- Heat over medium heat, stirring until soup begins to simmer.
- Season with salt and pepper, then spoon into bowls and top with a dollop of Greek yogurt.