Crustless Mini Asparagus Quiches
- 2 cups asparagus tips, trimmed
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tbs flour
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 cups Swiss or Gruyere cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, minced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Blanch asparagus tips in boiling water for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from pan and add to an ice water bath to stop the cooking.
- Whisk evaporated milk, eggs, flour, salt and black pepper in a bowl until well blended.
- Stir in asparagus tips, cheese and bell pepper.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into the muffin cups, taking care to add the asparagus evenly.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. and the tops are lightly browned.
- Cool in pans for 15 minutes.
- Run a knife around the edges and carefully remove the quiches.