|1 lb sliced bacon at room temperature|
|1 cup warm milk (110 degrees f)|
|2 packages active dry yeast|
|3 and 1/3 cups flour|
|1 tsp kosher salt|
|4 tbs butter|
|1 tbs caraway seeds|
- To make dough, stir sugar into warm milk and sprinkle with yeast.
- Let stand for 5 minutes or until the surface is frothy.
- Stir gently to moisten any dry particles remaining on top.
- Sift flour and salt into a large bowl.
- Melt butter, cool slightly, then lightly beat butter and egg into the yeast mixture.
- Pour into flour mixture and combine to make a dough.
- On a floured surface, knead dough until smooth. About 5-10 minutes.
- Add the dough to a bowl, cover and allow to rise for about an hour.
- Grease two 9 and 1/2 inch flat pie tins and set aside.
- To make the topping, cut the bacon into small pieces.
- On a floured surface, knead the risen dough lightly.
- Divide the dough in half and roll out to fit the pie tins, then place the dough in then tins.
- Scatter bacon pieces over dough, then brush the edges of the pizza with oil and scatter pizza with caraway seeds.
- Let stand in a warm place for 15-20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees, then bake the pizzas for about 25 minutes until the pizzas are lightly browned.
- Makes 2 (9 and 1/2 inch) pizzas.