|3/4 cup sugar|
|3/4 cup butter flavor vegetable shortening|
|1 heaping cup of grated carrots|
|1 tsp pure vanilla extract|
|1/2 tsp lemon extract|
|2 cups flour|
|2 tsp baking powder|
|1 tsp kosher salt|
|1 cup powdered sugar|
|2-3 tbs orange juice|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together the sugar and shortening until fluffy.
- Add the egg, carrots, and extracts and mix well.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt and mix to to combine.
- Drop dough by the tbs onto greased cookie sheets and bake for 10 minutes.
- While the cookies bake, combine the powdered sugar and orange juice to make an icing. Add more orange juice if you would like a thinner glaze.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let cool for about 5 minutes and then drizzle with icing while still warm.