Chicken in Mushroom Sauce
|2 boneless skinless chicken breasts|
|2 tbs butter|
|1 lb fresh button mushrooms, sliced|
|4 scallions, sliced on a bias|
|6 oz cream cheese, cut into chunks|
|2/3 cup milk|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1 tsp chilli powder|
- Season the chicken all over with salt and pepper.
- Grill or bake at 375 until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken, let rest for 5-10 minutes then slice into 1/2 inch strips.
- While the chicken cooks, melt butter in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the mushrooms and scallions and cook until tender, stirring often. About 12-15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add the cream cheese, milk, salt, pepper and chili powder.
- Cook stirring often until the cream cheese melts and forms a thick sauce.
- Stir in the chicken strips and cook over low heat until the chicken is heated through.
- Serve over rice if desired.