Chicken in Mushroom Sauce
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbs butter
- 1 lb fresh button mushrooms, sliced
- 4 scallions, sliced on a bias
- 6 oz cream cheese, cut into chunks
- 2/3 cup milk
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- Season the chicken all over with salt and pepper.
- Grill or bake at 375 until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken, let rest for 5-10 minutes then slice into 1/2 inch strips.
- While the chicken cooks, melt butter in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the mushrooms and scallions and cook until tender, stirring often. About 12-15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add the cream cheese, milk, salt, pepper and chili powder.
- Cook stirring often until the cream cheese melts and forms a thick sauce.
- Stir in the chicken strips and cook over low heat until the chicken is heated through.
- Serve over rice if desired.