German Apple Cake
|4 cups peeled, diced apples|
|2 cups sugar|
|1 cup canola oil|
|1 tsp pure vanilla extract|
|2 cups flour|
|1 tsp baking soda|
|1 tsp kosher salt|
|2 tsp ground cinnamon|
|1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans|
|powdered sugar for dusting|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour and 9×13 pan and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the the sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla.
- Add the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon and mix well.
- Stir in the apples and nuts by hand. The batter will be very thick.
- Spoon into the pan, then smooth with a spoon.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes.
- Allow cake to cool for at least 30 minutes, then remove from the pan and dust with powdered sugar.