German Apple Cake
- 4 cups peeled, diced apples
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour and 9×13 pan and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the the sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla.
- Add the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon and mix well.
- Stir in the apples and nuts by hand. The batter will be very thick.
- Spoon into the pan, then smooth with a spoon.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes.
- Allow cake to cool for at least 30 minutes, then remove from the pan and dust with powdered sugar.