- 1/2 lb sea scallops
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup ap flour
- 2 tbs fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tbs dried oregano
- oil for shallow frying
- mayonnaise for serving, optional
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste.
- Clean and roughly the scallops.
- Lightly beat the eggs and combine with the Parmesan, garlic, flour and herbs.
- Stir in the scallops.
- Heat 1 and 1/2 inches of oil in a deep frying pan to 350 degrees.
- Using 1 tbs of the batter for each fritter, pour into the oil and cook in batches for 4-5 minutes, or until golden brown. Do not overcrowd the pan.
- Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with salt and pepper.