|1/2 lb sea scallops|
|3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated|
|3 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 cup ap flour|
|2 tbs fresh thyme, chopped|
|1 tbs dried oregano|
|oil for shallow frying|
|mayonnaise for serving, optional|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste.|
- Clean and roughly the scallops.
- Lightly beat the eggs and combine with the Parmesan, garlic, flour and herbs.
- Stir in the scallops.
- Heat 1 and 1/2 inches of oil in a deep frying pan to 350 degrees.
- Using 1 tbs of the batter for each fritter, pour into the oil and cook in batches for 4-5 minutes, or until golden brown. Do not overcrowd the pan.
- Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with salt and pepper.