- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup small shrimp, peeled
- 1 large egg white
- 1 and 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1 tbs fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tbs chopped chives
- 6 feet sheep casings soak in warm water for 30 minutes, then rinsed, or plastic wrap.
This sausage contains a puree of shrimp along with large shrimp chunks and herbs and spices.
- Add the medium shrimp and egg white to the food processor and with the processor running slowly add the cream, then the salt and white pepper.
- Add the mixture add to a bowl and fold in the parsley, chives and whole small shrimp.
- Stuff the mixture into the sheep casings and twist and form into 4 inch links.
- Poach in 170 degree water for about 10-12 minutes until and internal temperature of 135 degrees is reached.
- Alternatively you may use the plastic wrap to form a cylinder, twist and tie the ends tightly, then poach in water.
- Makes about 20-25 (4 inch) links.