- 1/3 cup yellow mustard seeds
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1 tbs maple syrup
- 1 and 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- dash of kosher salt
- 2 tsp prepared horseradish (more if you like really spicy)
Homemade mustard is very easy to make and much more flavorful than the standard supermarket varieties. This recipe uses yellow mustard seeds, but you may use a combination of brown and yellow or just brown.
- Combine all ingredients, except for the horseradish in a bowl, cover and refrigerate for 2-3 days.
- Add all of the ingredients along with the horseradish to a food processor and process until very smooth.
- Add the mixture to a covered jar.
- It keeps well refrigerated for several months.