Tater Tot Poppers
- 1/2 lb frozen tater tots, partially thawed (24)
- 8 slices of bacon, each piece cut into thirds
- 24 slices jalapeno peppers
- tooth picks
- canola oil for deep frying
- Cut each slice of bacon into 3 pieces
- Place a jalapeno slice on the side of each tater tot and wrap with a piece of bacon.
- Secure tightly with a tooth pick.
- Fill a deep fryer or large sauce pan 1/3 full of oil and heat to 350 degrees.
- Add the wrapped tater tots in batches and fry until golden brown and the bacon is slightly crispy. About 4-5 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels and serve.