Poaching an egg is a very simple process is you follow a few simple rules.
- Remove the eggs from the refrigerator at least 40 minutes before poaching. (room temperature is best)
- The poaching water must be simmering, not boiling
- Add several teaspoons of white vinegar to the simmering water before adding the eggs.This will help the egg whites firm up quickly.
- Do not add eggs directly from the shell. Add them one at a time to a small bowl before sliding them into the simmering water.
- Use a slotted spoon to gently gather the egg whites around the yolk and to remove the poached eggs from the pan.
- Carefully place poached eggs on paper towels to dry.
- It will take 2-3 minutes to poach an egg.