Lemongrass Shrimp Satays
|1 tbs oil|
|1 clove garlic, crushed|
|1 tbs fresh ginger, grated|
|1 tbs lemongrass, minced, white parts only|
|1 onion, minced|
|1 tbs curry paste|
|4 kaffir lime leaves, finely shredded|
|1 tbs coconut cream|
|2 tsp lime rind, grated|
|1 and 1/4 lb extra large shrimp, peeled and deveined|
|12 lemon grass stems, cut into 6 inch skewers|
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the garlic, lemongrass, ginger and onion and stir over medium heat for 3 minutes or until golden. Do not burn.
- Add the curry paste and kaffir lime leaves to the pan and cook for another 5 minutes, or until the curry paste is fragrant.
- Allow to cool slightly, then transfer to a food processor, add the coconut cream,lime rind and shrimp, then process until finely minced.
- Divide into 24 portions and with wet hands, shape one portion around each lemon grass skewer, leaving about 1 and 1/2 inches uncovered at each end.
- The mixture will be quite soft to handle with care.
- Refrigerate the skewers for at least 1 hour covered.
- Broil or cook satay’s over charcoal for about 5 minutes, turning once until cook through.