|3/4 cup chopped walnuts|
|1 tbs dark rum|
|1 tbs cherry liquor|
|1 oz almond paste|
|1 oz semi-sweet chocolate|
|40 walnut halves|
- On a surface sprinkled lightly with powdered sugar, knead chopped walnuts, rum and cherry liquor into almond paste.
- Roll out the marzipan 1/2 inch thick, then cut into desired shapes. (triangles, squares, rectangles, etc.)
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler over low heat.
- Let cool until almost set then warm again gently.
- Spear marzipan pieces onto a fork and dip into chocolate until thoroughly coated.
- Let drain slightly on a rack, then press a walnut half into chocolate while sill soft.
- Let chocolate dry slightly, then refrigerate until completely set.