Mushroom Ham and Camembert Cheese Pie
|1 and 2/3 cups flour|
|1/2 tsp kosher salt|
|1/2 cup, plus 1 tbs butter, cut into small pieces|
|1 egg yolk|
|3-5 tbs ice water|
|1 leek, white and light parts, chopped|
|3 tbs extra virgin olive oil|
|2/3 cup diced ham|
|3 cups mushrooms, diced|
|1 1/2 tbs unsalted butter|
|3 tbs flour|
|1 1/4 cups milk|
|3 tbs mixed fresh herbs, chopped|
|1 egg yolk|
|1/4 lb Camembert, cut into small chunks|
|10 pimento stuffed olives, sliced|
- To make pastry, sift flour and salt.
- Using a pastry blender and cut in butter evenly.
- Lightly mix in egg yolk and enough water to make a dough.
- Wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- To make the filling, trim wash and dice leek.
- Heat oil in a large skillet, add the ham and cook until lightly browned.
- Add the leek and mushrooms and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan, stir in flour and cook for a few minutes.
- Add milk and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat and cool to lukewarm.
- Stir in herbs, salt, pepper and egg yolk. Then stir in cheese and olives to the cooled sauce.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- On a floured surface, roll out dough to fit a 9 inch pie plate plate.
- Place dough in pie plate, then spread filling over dough.
- Pour cheese sauce over filling and sprinkle with olives.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until the filling is firm.