Neapolitan Pizza with Anchovies Onions and Capers
|1/2 tsp sugar|
|2/3 cup warm milk|
|1 package active dry yeast|
|1 and 1/2 cups flour|
|1/2 tsp kosher salt|
|3 tbs olive oil|
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 tsp celery salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 lb mozzarella cheese slices
- 2 onions, chopped
- 10 anchovy fillets
- 1 tbs capers
- 3 tbs olive oil
- For the dough, stir sugar into warm milk and sprinkle with yeast.
- Let stand for 5 minutes or until the surface is frothy.
- Stir gently to moisten any dry particles remaining on top.
- Sift flour and salt into a large bowl.
- Pour in yeast mixture and oil, combining to make a dough.
- On a floured surface, knead the dough for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the dough to a bowl, cover, and let rise for about 1 hour.
- Grease baking sheets, then roll our the dough into two 7 inch rounds.
- Place on the greased baking sheets, then turn edges slightly to make a rim.
- To make the topping, peel and slice tomatoes, then place on the pizzas.
- Sprinkle with celery salt, pepper and oregano.
- Arrange the cheese slices, onions, anchovies and capers over tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with oil and let pizzas stand for about 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and bake for 40 minutes or until the edges are slightly brown and the cheese is bubbly.
- Makes two 7 inch pizzas.