Onion Garlic and Herb Marinated Fried Chicken
|1 frying chicken (2 breasts, 2 leg's, 2 wings, 2 thighs)|
|2 medium onions, chopped|
|5 cloves garlic|
|1-2 tbs Tabasco|
|3 tbs white vinegar|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1 tbs fresh rosemary, minced|
|2 cups flour|
|1/2 cup buttermilk|
|oil for deep frying|
This is a wonderful spin on classic fried chicken. The chicken is marinated overnight in a buttermilk, onion and garlic puree, then coated with a herb infused flour.
- Wash chicken and pat dry.
- Add the onion and garlic to a food processor and process until completely pureed.
- Add chicken to a large bowl and add the buttermilk, onion puree, vinegar, Tabasco, salt and pepper.
- Cover, refrigerate and marinate overnight, turning 3-4 times to make sure chicken is evenly coated.
- Mean while season the flour with salt, pepper and the minced rosemary and combine well.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and using paper towels remove any excess marinade from the chicken.
- Add the chicken to the flour mixture, one piece at a time and coat completely with flour, shaking off any excess.
- Place the chicken on a platter, cover and let sit for at least 1 hour before frying.
- Fill a deep fryer or large sauce pan 1/3 full of oil and heat to 360 degrees.
- Once the oil is to temperature fry the chicken in batches until golden and cooked through. About 12-15 minutes for the larger pieces.
- Drain chicken on paper towels and serve.