Roman Spaghetti with Garlic Olive Oil and Black Pepper
|1 lb spaghetti|
|3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil|
|1/4 cup pasta water|
|8 cloves garlic, sliced|
|zest and jui1/4 cup pasta water|
|ce of 1 lemon|
|2 tbs coarsely ground black pepper|
|1 and 1/4 cups Italian parsley leaves|
|Fresh grated Parmesan for serving|
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Add the olive oil to a large saute pan and using medium heat add the garlic, lemon juice and zest.
- Lightly toast garlic for 2-3 minutes.
- Whisk in 1/4 cup of the pasta water, then add in the Spaghetti and coat well.
- Add the parsley leaves and black pepper and combine well.
- Simmer for 3-4 minutes the add the spaghetti and sauce to a large platter and serve topped with Parmesan cheese.