Savory Spinach Salad with Bacon and Cheese
|3 and 1/2 tbs red wine vinegar|
|3 tbs ketchup|
|3 cloves garlic, pressed|
|1 tbs Worcestershire sauce|
|1 tbs bottled steak sauce|
|1 tsp sugar|
|1/4 tsp paprika|
|1/2 tsp dry mustard|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1 cup safflower oil|
|4 bunches of fresh spinach, stems removed, washed and dried|
|1/3 cup grated Parmesan or blue cheese, crumbled|
|3 hard boiled eggs, minced|
|3/4 lb bacon, cooked until crisp, then crumbled|
- Combine the first 10 ingredients and mix thoroughly. (mustard and paprika must be completely dissolved)
- Add oil, slowly, beating constantly until dressing fully emulsifies.
- Place 1/2 cup of dressing in the bottom of a large shallow bowl.
- Tear spinach leaves in half and place over the dressing.
- Distribute the cheese and egg evenly over the top.
- If serving immediately, sprinkle with bacon bits and toss.
- Or cover un-tossed salad with plastic wrap and chill until ready to serve.
- Serve on chilled plates.