Savory Spinach Salad with Bacon and Cheese
- 3 and 1/2 tbs red wine vinegar
- 3 tbs ketchup
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbs bottled steak sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 cup safflower oil
- 4 bunches of fresh spinach, stems removed, washed and dried
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan or blue cheese, crumbled
- 3 hard boiled eggs, minced
- 3/4 lb bacon, cooked until crisp, then crumbled
- Combine the first 10 ingredients and mix thoroughly. (mustard and paprika must be completely dissolved)
- Add oil, slowly, beating constantly until dressing fully emulsifies.
- Place 1/2 cup of dressing in the bottom of a large shallow bowl.
- Tear spinach leaves in half and place over the dressing.
- Distribute the cheese and egg evenly over the top.
- If serving immediately, sprinkle with bacon bits and toss.
- Or cover un-tossed salad with plastic wrap and chill until ready to serve.
- Serve on chilled plates.