Sesame Asian Chicken Salad
|2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, poached (2 lbs)|
|1/2 lb snow peas, sliced diagonally|
|7 water chestnuts, sliced|
|4 scallions, sliced on a bias|
|1/2 cup sesame seeds, lightly toasted|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|2 tbs dry sherry|
|1 egg yolk|
|1 and 1/2 tbs fresh lemon juice|
|1 tbs Dijon mustard|
|1 tbs soy sauce|
|1 tsp sugar|
|1 tsp fresh ginger, minced|
|1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil|
|1/4 cup peanut oil|
|dash of red pepper flakes|
|canned Mandarin orange slices for garnish|
|crispy tortilla strips for garnish, optional|
- Poach chicken in simmering water until cooked through. About 10 minutes.
- Cut chicken into 1/4 inch strips.
- Combine chicken, snow peas, water chestnuts, scallions, sesame seeds, salt and pepper in a bowl and toss lightly.
- Mix sherry, egg yolk, lemon juice, mustard, soy sauce, sugar and ginger in a food processor or small bowl, and blend well.
- Slowly add oils, beating constantly until mixture has emulsified.
- Add hot pepper flakes to taste.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss well.
- Garnish with orange slices and crispy tortilla strips if desired.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.