Shaved Fennel Salad with Cucumber and Feta
|2 medium fennel bulbs, trimmed and sliced paper thin|
|1 medium cucumber, sliced into paper thin coins|
|1/3 cup tightly packed fresh dill, chopped|
|1/3 cup lemon juice|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil|
|1/2 cup pine nuts|
|3 cups arugula|
|1/3 cup feta cheese crumbled|
|drizzle of honey|
- In a bowl, combine the fennel, cucumber, dill, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Set aside and let marinate for about 20 minutes.
- Prior to serving, preheat oven to 350 degrees and place the pine nuts on a baking sheet and toast for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- When ready to serve, place arugula in a large bowl and pour all of the fennel mixture on top. Gently toss.
- Adjust the seasoning with more dressing and a drizzle of honey.
- Top with the toasted pine nuts and crumbled feta cheese.