Spiced Rubbed Whole Chicken
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tbs chili powder
- 2 tbs ground coriander
- 1 tbs dark brown sugar
- 1 tbs dried oregano
- 4 tbs smoked paprika
- 3 tbs kosher salt
- 1 tbs white pepper
This is a delicious way to prepare a whole chicken. The chicken is rubbed with herbs and spices then either baked or cook over charcoal.
- Wash and dry the chicken, inside and out.
- Add all of the rub mixture to a bowl and combine well.
- Rub the chicken heavily all over with the rub mixture inside and out, then cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Bake the chicken in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 1 hour or until cooked through.
- Alternatively you may cook the chicken over charcoal, using indirect heat. Meaning coals off to the side and the chicken not directly over the coals.