Spiced Rubbed Whole Chicken
|1 whole chicken|
|1 tsp cayenne pepper|
|2 tbs chili powder|
|2 tbs ground coriander|
|1 tbs dark brown sugar|
|1 tbs dried oregano|
|4 tbs smoked paprika|
|3 tbs kosher salt|
|1 tbs white pepper|
This is a delicious way to prepare a whole chicken. The chicken is rubbed with herbs and spices then either baked or cook over charcoal.
- Wash and dry the chicken, inside and out.
- Add all of the rub mixture to a bowl and combine well.
- Rub the chicken heavily all over with the rub mixture inside and out, then cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Bake the chicken in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 1 hour or until cooked through.
- Alternatively you may cook the chicken over charcoal, using indirect heat. Meaning coals off to the side and the chicken not directly over the coals.