Spicy Lamb and Tomato Curry
|2 lbs lamb, cubed, fat removed|
|1 tbs canola oil|
|3 garlic cloves, chopped|
|1 tbs fresh ginger, grated|
|2 green hot chilies, seeded and chopped|
|1 tsp ground cumin|
|6 small ripe tomatoes, quartered|
|1 cup lamb of beef stock|
|2 tbs hot curry paste|
|2 cups spinach, stems removed and chopped|
|2 tbs mango chutney|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|steamed basmati rice for serving.|
- Cook the rice according to package directions.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and cook the garlic,peppers, ginger and cumin, stirring constantly for 3 minutes.
- Add the lamb and tomatoes and cook for another 5 minutes or until the tomatoes begin to soften.
- Stir in the stock and curry paste and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the spinach and mango chutney and cook for another few minutes until the spinach has wilted.
- Divide between bowls and serve with rice.