Spicy Pepper Shrimp with Mushrooms
|20 jumbo shrimp, peeled, deveined, tail on|
|1 tbs olive oil|
|1 medium onion, thinly sliced|
|1 tbs black pepper|
|1/2 cup white balsamic vinegar|
|1 tsp cayenne pepper|
|1/2 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced|
|2-3 tbs fresh parsley for garnish, chopped|
- Heat the oil in a heavy skillet.
- Add the onions and pepper.
- Toss well and let cook over medium low until the onions are slightly caramelized, getting sticky and brown. About 8-10 minutes.
- Add the vinegar and cayenne, then raise the heat medium-high and let cook until the sauce reduces to a nice syrupy consistency.
- Add the mushrooms and shrimp and cook until the shrimp are pink. About 3-5 minutes, turning once.
- Remove the shrimp to the plate, and continue cooking the sauce until it’s further reduced. About 2 minutes.
- Pour over the shrimp and serve with rice. Garnish with parsley.