Turkey Breast with Spaghetti Squash
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 tbs butter
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbs fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tbs fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup diced tomato
- 1/2 lb turkey breast cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 2-3 tbs Parmesan cheese, grated
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise, then cut each half into equal pieces.
- Place the squash into a steamer basket over boiling water and cook for about 15 minutes or until tender.
- Using a fork, remove the squash strands from the shell (4-5 cups) and set aside.
- Melt butter in a medium non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add the garlic, basil,, parsley and squash, then toss lightly to coat.
- Add the peas, tomatoes, turkey, then season with salt and pepper.
- Lightly toss, then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese over the top.