Asparagus with Almonds and Parmesan
|2 lb fresh asparagus|
|1/4 cup slivered almonds|
|1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded|
|vegetable cooking spray|
|2 tbs butter, cut into small cubes|
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Break off tough ends of the asparagus and discard.
- Steam the asparagus for about 3 minutes or just until crisp tender.
- Plunge into cold water to stop the cooking.
- Meanwhile, finely chop the almonds and combine with the cheese.
- Coat a large baking dish with vegetable cooking spray.
- Place the asparagus in the dish and sprinkle the almond mixture on top, then dot with the butter cubes.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until the almond cheese mixture is golden.